Add to Favorites
In January 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will launch a new electronic system called Express Entry to manage applications for permanent residence in certain economic programs.Express Entry will allow to actively recruit, assess and select skilled immigrants under the following federal economic immigration programs:
- the Federal Skilled Worker Program
- the Federal Skilled Trades Program
- the Canadian Experience Class
Step 1) Potential Applicants complete an online Express Entry profile
Applicants will be ranked against others in the pool. Only the highest-ranked Applicants (those deemed to have the best chances for economic success), and those with qualifying offers of arranged employment or provincial/territorial nominations, will be invited to apply for permanent residence.
Step 2) Citizenship and Immigration Canada will invite certain Applicants to apply for permanent residence and process their electronic applications within six months.
- Applicants will receive an Invitation to apply for permanent residence if they rank among the top in the pool.
- Applicants will have 60 days to submit an electronic application for permanent residence.
- CIC will process the majority of complete applications within six months or less.
- Applicants in the Express Entry pool who do not receive an Invitation to apply for permanent residence after 12 months may have to resubmit their profile and re-enter the pool if they still meet the criteria.